Are you a design wizard with a passion for precision and an eye for detail? Do you have the ability to transform innovative security solutions into reality, whilst ensuring they stay within budget? Are you comfortable taking on a pivotal new role, created to enable the next phase of our growth plan?
If so, we’ve got a cracking opportunity for you that we can sum up in 3 words: detail, accuracy, rigourous.
Let us tell you more…..
Reporting to the Head of Design and Technical, we are looking for a full-time Design & Estimating Engineer to act as the creative yet cost-conscious force behind our projects. If we imagine our ideal candidate they’d be a true champion of design excellence, enthusiastically waving the ‘teamwork’ banner, with a calculator in their other hand!
Let’s assume that’s you…
Following the qualification of an opportunity, you will have the necessary technical and interpersonal skills to take full responsibility for the design and estimation of successful bids. You will produce all the required documentation to support your colleagues internally as well as ensuring our clients are armed with the technical information they need pre-, during and post-project.
Collaborating with colleagues in the Technical team, you will produce and maintain technical schematics to support the delivery of projects, offering improvement suggestions as you identify them (we’re BIG on continuous improvement).
Let’s get to the nitty-gritty. Here’s a list of your key responsibilities:
- Producing client-led solutions that optimise whole-of-life efficiency
- Reviewing technical specifications to ensure the parameters of any solutions are fully understood
- Preparing accurate and detailed estimates based on designs
- Producing robust yet reader-friendly client proposals, supported by technical documentation, drawings and technical submissions as needed
- Conducting on- and off-site surveys of prospective works, in consultation with the Head of Technical & Design
- Maintaining internal technical drawings and documentation, ensuring they are fully up-to-date and reflect current representation of any variations
- Proactively communicating with your colleagues to ensure the status of any design work is always understood, and there is full visibility of workflow loads.
We’ll be expecting a lot from you, but we’ll give a lot in return. At CTSG you’ll never be ‘just an employee’. Our team comes first and we genuinely care about each and every person that works with us. We’ll make the effort to get to know you and learn how we can bring out your best. If you like the thought of building a career with us, we’ll do everything we can to support your progression. We’ll create a structured, personalised development path just for you and we will encourage you to think as a future leader of our business from Day 1. But if you’re not the ambitious type, it’s not an issue…. We don’t care what you look like or what your hobbies are (but incase you’re interested, our current team includes petrol heads, music-lovers, golfers, foodies & hikers…and your boss, should you be successful, is a self-confessed geek-cum-rugby coach!). What does matter, is your readiness to embrace our values and contribute positively to a company that is riding a steep change curve.
As open-minded as we are, there are a few non-negotiables. To be successful in this role, there are a number of key skills and attributes we need you to possess. You will be:
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Experienced in estimating and reviewing & producing bid documentation
- A clear and confident communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Competent in client interaction, at multiple levels
- Computer literate, especially comfortable using Microsoft applications
- Highly organised, self-disciplined and self-motivated, capable of driving and satisfying deadlines. You’ll be happy working at pace, and you will be able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Positive, proactive and open-minded with the all-important ‘can do’ attitude
- A solutions-orientated team player, comfortable collaborating and (occasionally!) challenging your colleagues
There are a few extras that would be a real bonus, too…
- An understanding of wired and wireless computer networks, ideally with previous design experience
- Design experience of security solutions, compliant with national standards
- An understanding of the construction process
- Experience of working in a project-based environment
- Experience of working in the Renewable Energy sector
So, what’s in it for you? Why should you join the CTSG team?
Your starting salary will be up to £45k p.a. – the precise figure we settle on will depend upon your personal skills and experience when you join us, but if you flourish in your role we’ll ensure you are never underpaid.
We believe in rewarding members of our team according to their overall contribution; so if your attitude is awesome and we can depend upon you to deliver, you’ll never need to ask us for a payrise. We will also have regular conversations with you about your priorities in life, and how we can support you in achieving any life goals.
On top of that, you can expect to join a progressive business that appreciates the importance of balance – we won’t hide the fact that this is a deadline-driven role and the work can stack up quickly….it can feel intense at times so we think it’s important to have some fun, too – hopefully you’ll like the sound of CTSG socials and celebrations of success! We also get that life can be challenging outside of work and we really value the wellbeing of everyone in the business so as part of our benefits package we will offer you membership to Westfield Health. This is primarily an office-based role located in Northampton, but there is scope for some remote working; if flexible working is something you’re ideally after, please be open with us about that and we’ll do what we can to support you.
There’s plenty more on offer, too, including a bonus day off on us to celebrate your Birthday. We can tell you more when we meet you…but you need to apply, first! If you like the thought of working with us, please get in touch – we’d love to receive your CV and a quick cover letter telling us why. Our email address is: email@example.com.
We’re all about unlocking people potential here at CTSG, and transferable skills are always welcome! We are looking for talented and enthusiastic team players to join us as we grow, and we welcome speculative applications – we’d be delighted to have a chat with anyone who thinks we could be a good match for them.
CTSG is an equal opportunities employer, committed to a culture of equity and inclusion. If you have any additional requirements, please feel confident in speaking to us about these!